What is a Security Guard?
A person who is employed or retaining to protect, watch or guard any property by any means including:
- by patrolling the property in person ;
- by monitoring the property by operating a security system that utilises closed circuit television, a closed monitoring system, radio or other similar alarm device .
Security guards protect people and property in a wide variety of environments – factories and warehouses, offices, shopping centres, hospitals, airports, concert and sports venues.
The activities of security guard include:
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems ;
- Getting, Documenting/Recording Information ;
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings ;
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events ;
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates.
Security guard is responsible for the following duties and perform these tasks :
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates ;
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances ;
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises ;
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities ;
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency ;
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property .
Diplomats Security Contract Limited includes the following services:
- CCTV Installation and Monitoring ;
- Mobile Patrols ;
- Key Holding & Emergency Response ;
- Events Security ;
- Construction Site Security ;
- Corporate Guarding ;
- Concierge ;
- Receptionists .